- What is Blue Owl Capital Corporation's ticker symbol and where does your stock trade?
Our stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol OBDC. For recent trading information, please visit our Stock Information page.
- What is Blue Owl Capital Corporation’s (NYSE: OBDC) CUSIP number?
- What is the relationship between Blue Owl Capital Corporation (NYSE: OBDC) and Blue Owl Capital Inc. (NYSE: OWL)?
Blue Owl Capital Corporation is externally managed by Blue Owl Credit Advisors LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser that is an indirect affiliate of Blue Owl Capital Inc. ("Blue Owl") (NYSE: OWL) a part of Blue Owl's Credit platform.
- Does Blue Owl Capital Corporation pay a dividend?
Blue Owl Capital Corporation intends to pay a dividend to shareholders on a quarterly basis. Information on our historical dividends and future dividends that have been declared can be found on the Dividends page. Please note future dividends that have not yet been declared are not guaranteed and require Board approval.
- Does Blue Owl Capital Corporation have a dividend reinvestment program and how do I enroll in it?
Yes, we have a dividend reinvestment program (DRIP) pursuant to which we will automatically reinvest all cash distributions declared by the Board in additional shares of our common stock on behalf of our shareholders who do not elect to receive their distributions in cash. As a result, if the Board authorizes and declares a cash distribution, then shareholders who have not “opted out” of the dividend reinvestment plan will have their cash distribution automatically reinvested in additional shares of Blue Owl Capital Corporation common stock, rather than receiving the cash distribution. Public shareholders must consult with their custodian regarding the DRIP elections available to them.
- Where can I find information on Blue Owl Capital Corporation’s net asset value?
Quarterly net asset value per share can be found in our public Form 10-Q and Form 10-K filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) via its website www.sec.gov or on our SEC Filings page.
- As a Blue Owl Capital Corporation shareholder, what type of tax documentation should I expect to receive at the end of the year?
We report the final tax character of our distributions for U.S. federal income tax purposes annually to stockholders on Form 1099-DIV. This form will be disseminated to public shareholders by their custodian.
We also include certain information regarding each year’s distribution in our Form 10-K filings available on our SEC Filings page. Please note this guidance is not intended to constitute tax, legal, investment, or other professional advice and should not be relied upon for tax advice purposes. Stockholders should consult their tax advisor for tax guidance pertinent to specific facts and circumstances.
- Is Blue Owl Capital Corporation’s distribution a “qualified dividend”?
Blue Owl Capital Corporation’s distributions are generally not “qualified dividends” for tax purposes. As a regulated investment company (RIC), Blue Owl Capital Corporation does not typically pay U.S. federal income taxes on ordinary income or capital gains passed through to shareholders as dividends. As a result, the majority of the distributions received by shareholders are taxable as ordinary income and a portion may qualify as long-term capital gains.
This is general information. It is not intended to constitute tax, legal, investment, or other professional advice and should not be relied upon for tax advice purposes. Stockholders should consult their tax advisor for tax guidance pertinent to specific facts and circumstances.
- Does Blue Owl Capital Corporation generate Qualified Interest Income (“QII”)?
We generate qualified interest income (QII) that may be exempt from U.S. withholding tax when distributed to non-U.S. stockholders. Blue Owl Capital Corporation is a regulated investment company (RIC) and is permitted to designate the portion of distributions that represent qualified interest income as exempt from U.S. withholding tax when paid to non-U.S. stockholders in accordance with Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (IRC).
- Does Blue Owl Capital Corporation generate Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI)?
Blue Owl Capital Corporation does not generate UBTI.
- When was Blue Owl Capital Corporation incorporated?
October 15, 2015
- When did Blue Owl Capital Corporation become a public company?
Our common stock began trading on the NYSE on July 18, 2019.
- Where is Blue Owl Capital Corporation located?
399 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- When does Blue Owl Capital Corporation's fiscal year end?
- Who is Blue Owl Capital Corporation's transfer agent?
State Street Bank & Trust Company
- Who is Blue Owl Capital Corporation’s auditor?